IP address

Karl Seguin [MVP]

If you mean the client browsing to your site, try Request.UserHostAddress

Karl

MattB

Progman said:
How do you get the IP address of a computer using ASP.net?

Assuming you mean a client computer, it's:

Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

HTH,
Matt

Bruce Barker

note: this is usually the nat'd (proxy servers) address not the real address

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Progman

I get
Request for the permission of type
'System.Security.Permissions.UIPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

WHY?

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME
net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

sirfunusa

Why not. What are you talking about. We are not mind readers. What code
causes this error??