irb

Ara.T.Howard

is there a way dump executed commands to a file?

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Ara.T.Howard

il Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:46:01 -0600, "Ara.T.Howard"

does this help?
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Irb/TipsAndTricks

yes! thanks!

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Martin Kay

Please excuse this infantile question.

Since I got 1.8, I have been unable to start irb. I get the message

dyld: ruby can't open library: /supp/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib (No
such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

What have I trashed and what is the easiest way to untrash it?

--Martin Kay

daz

Martin said:
Since I got 1.8, I have been unable to start irb. I get the message

dyld: ruby can't open library: /supp/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib (No
such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

I think folks here will need to know the platform you're running on
and how Ruby came to be installed (before and after the problem).

I see you're posting with Apple Mail.

libreadline is not part of Ruby (I run without it on Windows).

What have I trashed and what is the easiest way to untrash it?

A trivial answer is all I can offer -- find a version of libreadline
for your O/S and install it -OR- try invoking irb with the --noreadline
command line option.

daz