Is it possible to change the request order of fields on a form?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tim Chmielewski, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. For an auto-generated form I have the following order of fields:
    savevalues
    userid
    productcode
    PrintColour1_1 Colour1_1 Quantity_1
    " " " "
    " " " "
    PrintColour1_5 Colour1_5 Quantity_5

    I was hoping to get them from the request object by rows, but they come
    out as the following (example values included):
    savevalues = yes
    userid = 4029
    productcode = 46BN
    PrintColour1_1 = Black
    PrintColour1_2 =
    PrintColour1_3 =
    PrintColour1_4 =
    PrintColour1_5 =
    Colour1_1 = Red
    Colour1_2 =
    Colour1_3 =
    Colour1_4 =
    Colour1_5 =
    Quantity_1 = 5
    Quantity_2 =
    Quantity_3 =
    Quantity_4 =
    Quantity_5 =

    Is there any way of changing this order as I think it may make it easier
    to process the fields (which can change according to what the original
    form fields are.)

    Thanks.

    Tim Chmielewski, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Tim Chmielewski

    Steven Burn Guest

    How are you getting the info from the database?

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Selected products have a flag on their record that signifies they require
    extra fields on the order for more information.

    The names of these extra fields are stored in a seperate table that is
    looped through to build a unique form that has the input fields required
    for that product.

    When I work out how to get the fields from the Request.Form object I will
    loop through the "Extra fields" table to build an INSERT query that will
    insert the data into another table (which has all possible fields that
    are required.)

    Thanks.

    Tim Chmielewski, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Tim Chmielewski

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Name your fields and build your query based on the names.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 22, 2004