Is it time to bury IE6

Kristjan Robam

Addition to my reply to this: or then you probably don't use computer much
for browsing.

Doug Miller

Then youre probably too lazy to try newer ones, new to the computer world or
just poor, because I think IE is the best browser in the world and it's
newer versions are always better.

You reveal yourself as being "new to the computer world".

Tim Streater

Addition to my reply to this: or then you probably don't use computer much
for browsing.

What is Internet Explorer and why do I want it on my Macinstosh? Answer:
I don't, and I pay no attention to it whatsoever.

By the way: I spend most of most days browsing.

Kristjan Robam

I mean that I'm sure most IE users are already using 8 or 9 and they find
these a lot better.

Kristjan

Neil Gould

Sherm said:
Please don't top-post - do you start reading a book at the bottom of
the page and proceed to the top? I didn't think so.

Anyway, this is a group for HTML *developers*; the question being
asked isn't whether IE(7|8|9) is "better" or not. As developers, the
question of what we think users should be using is irrelevant - we
have to deal with the reality of what they *are* using, whether we
agree with their choice or not. So, the question is whether enough
users have upgraded to make it viable - again, as a developer! - to
ignore IE6.
I agree with your opinion about this, and would add some other
considerations. For example, does the intended user base for the site have
other options for the same content that support IE6 well (if so, it's
possible that those other sites are superior in other ways, too)? Is the
effort required to acceptably support IE6 significant (I haven't found it to
be more so than for some non-IE browsers)?