    the .NET Runtime availability on the Client system if the Runtime provides
    such features, also browsers has to be compatible with such control.

    Thank

    RA, Aug 6, 2009

  2. RA

    Patrice Guest

    Hi,

    See if ClickOnce :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t71a733d(VS.80).aspx
    fits your needs...

    As you said it requires the .NET runtime client side. The browser itself is
    just used for the deployment. The idea is just to deploy easily a "true"
    Windows Forms application client side using the browser...

    Patrice, Aug 6, 2009

  3. RA

    Stan Guest

    ASP.NET is designed to generate W3C compliant code to the client.
    Client side Java applets are not compliant with web standards. If a
    web application uses them (Java beans) they must be confined to the
    server.

    If it is possible to create a richtext control with JavaScript then
    that would be a different matter because the standards support it
    (ECMAscript).

    Stan, Aug 22, 2009