    paul Guest

    Hi,all:
    Is there any net framework like ACE or Twisted implemented by ruby?

    paul, May 19, 2008

  2. Hi,
    We do have TAO as CORBA ORB wrapped in Ruby and that is available as
    R2CORBA, see www.theaceorb.nl

    Johnny

    Johnny Willemsen, May 19, 2008

  3. paul

    paul Guest

    thanks,Johnny!

    paul, May 19, 2008
  4. paul

    Jano Svitok Guest

    When looking for networking library look at evenmachine. When looking
    for distributed computing, look at drb.

    Jano Svitok, May 19, 2008
  5. paul

    Phlip Guest

    Is there any net framework like ACE or Twisted implemented by ruby?
    For ruby-to-ruby remoting, just use dRB (Distributed Ruby), and get the same
    amount of work done in literally 1/1,000ths the code lines.

    I would not hesitate to do ruby-to-C++ by embedding a dRB server inside a C++
    app, too.

    Phlip, May 19, 2008
  6. paul

    Avdi Grimm Guest

    Avdi Grimm, May 19, 2008
  7. paul

    Chuck Remes Guest

    That should be "eventmachine" and not "evenmachine." It's similar to
    Twisted.

    cr

    Chuck Remes, May 19, 2008
  8. http://revactor.org/ is another option. It is modeled after Erlang and
    Scala actor models, which is very cool, but it's Ruby 1.9 only so far.

    Kevin Williams, May 19, 2008