is this possible?

Rob Eventine

hello,
i am trying to find a way to get this done...
people register for a paysite then pay for their access through paypal,
then i verify it and give them access to the members area.. how is this done
and is paypal the best method?

really big thanks in advance..

David Lozzi

This is a really large task. PayPal will work fine. You have two options
with most online payment processors. First is to use their API and integrate
the payment process into your site. This will require you to buy your own
SSL cert to encrypt their credit card info. The other option is to start the
order, then send them to PayPal to collect the payment, then send them back
to your site.

if you're interested, we can discuss offline. check out my company's website
http://www.delphi-ts.com, for more information about us.

Thanks,

David Lozzi

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Even the simplest PayPal interface offers a return url (on your site) with
some validation codes you can capture that tell you the user has paid for
whatever the "deal" is.

Even without the PayPal API, you can construct a usable payment system.
There are a large number of resources not only on the PayPal developer site
but also on independent developer sites to provide sample code and help you
to get started. All you need to do is study it. SSL is not necessary.

-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can sign up for the free paypal merchant account. It will return the
user to whatever page you like with the results of the transaction. You
create the account when it says OK.