java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/oracle/lib/libocijdbc10.jnilib

Discussion in 'Java' started by laredotornado, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    I"m using Mac 10.5.6 (Intel 32 bit) and trying to connect to an Oracle
    10g server via JDBC (Java 1.5). I just installed the Mac OS X 10.2
    Instant Client Package - Basic Lite from here --
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/intel_macsoft.html.
    Sadly, when I try and run my console app to connect, I get this
    error ...

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/oracle/
    lib/libocijdbc10.jnilib:
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:3135)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.loadNativeLibrary
    (T2CConnection.java:3131)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.logon(T2CConnection.java:221)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>
    (PhysicalConnection.java:414)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.<init>(T2CConnection.java:132)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CDriverExtension.getConnection
    (T2CDriverExtension.java:78)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
    at
    org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection
    (DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:133)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings
    (SettingsFactory.java:111)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:
    2097)
    at myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.database.YouthfulDriverDatabase.<init>
    (YouthfulDriverDatabase.java:77)
    at
    myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.database.YouthfulDriverDatabase.getInstance
    (YouthfulDriverDatabase.java:83)
    at myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.AddressFileProcessor.execute
    (AddressFileProcessor.java:86)
    at myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.AddressFileProcessor.main
    (AddressFileProcessor.java:81)

    Any ideas? My CLASSPATH is set to include /opt/oracle/lib/
    classes12.jar. How can I troubleshoot this further?

    Thanks, - Dave

    laredotornado, Oct 16, 2009

  2. You might see if setting the library path helps:

    java -Djava.library.path="..."

    Alternatively, the Oracle thin drivers are here:

    <http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/\jdbc_10201.html>

    John B. Matthews, Oct 16, 2009

  3. laredotornado

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Oct 17, 2009
  4. laredotornado

    Lew Guest

    One wonders why the OP is using classes12.jar and not ojdbc5.jar. The former
    was supplanted by the Java 1.4 version over seven and a half years ago, and
    that version became obsolete with Java 1.4 itself about a year ago. With Java
    5 just about two weeks away from its own end-of-service-life date, shouldn't
    we be using at least the Java 5 libraries?

    I'm not even sure classes12.jar fully groks all the capabilities of Oracle 10g.

    The price is right; update your Oracle JDBC driver library.

    Lew, Oct 17, 2009
  5. One wonders why the OP is using classes12.jar and not ojdbc5.jar.
    The former was supplanted by the Java 1.4 version over seven and a
    half years ago, and that version became obsolete with Java 1.4 itself
    about a year ago. With Java 5 just about two weeks away from its own
    end-of-service-life date, shouldn't we be using at least the Java 5
    libraries?

    I'm not even sure classes12.jar fully groks all the capabilities of
    Oracle 10g.

    The price is right; update your Oracle JDBC driver library.[/QUOTE]

    Egad, you're right; I'd overlooked the old JAR. The file ojdbc14.jar
    appears to be intended for use with JDK 1.4 or 1.5. Although
    ojdbc14.jar is already in the OP's Basic Lite download, let me take
    another stab at a working link:

    <http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_10201.html>

    John B. Matthews, Oct 17, 2009
  6. laredotornado

    varshasavant2002

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2016
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    I am also facing similar issue .

    Trying to migrate application from JBoss to tomcat8 .
    We are using a .so native lib for a specific functionality .

    Everytime this function is called we need to load .so file but it throws error :
    Native code library failed to load. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

    I have tried multiple things
    1. set -Djava.library.path = XX folder path of native lib explicitly through tomcat VM argument
    2. copy xxx.so file to /usr/lib/ folder and give the -Djava.library.path= /usr/lib
    3. Also tried installing tomcat-APR and tomcat-Native libraries
    4. Tried to Load file using below line to check where native lib is getting loaded or not
    System.loadLibrary(so filename );

    5.Tried settign export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/apr/lib

    But NO LUCK :(:(

    Please someone help with this .
    Why my xxx.so file is not getting loaded

    -Varsha

    varshasavant2002, Nov 18, 2016