Java to Lisp/Scheme or Prolog translator/parser?

Andy

Is there any such "tool" available for coverting Java to Lisp or
Prolog?

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Cranmer

Andy said:
Is there any such "tool" available for coverting Java to Lisp or
Prolog?

Thanks in advance.

Can you convert an object-oriented language into a constraint-solving
language? No. Generic Java code has way too many structures that are
impossible to represent in Prolog, AFAIK.

Looking into Java to LISP, which is theoretically much easier but still
far from trivial, the only reference was to an off-hand comment in an
IRC chatroom (irc://freenode.net/#lisp if you were wondering). The logs
were of a recent date--September 1, 2007--so you might be able to get
something there, but don't hold your breath.

The better question to ask here is "Why do you want to go from Java to
LISP or Prolog?"

Owen Jacobson

Can you convert an object-oriented language into a constraint-solving
language? No. Generic Java code has way too many structures that are
impossible to represent in Prolog, AFAIK.

Looking into Java to LISP, which is theoretically much easier but still
far from trivial, the only reference was to an off-hand comment in an
IRC chatroom (irc://freenode.net/#lisp if you were wondering). The logs
were of a recent date--September 1, 2007--so you might be able to get
something there, but don't hold your breath.

That's probably the same guy we've been getting in ##java. He's
working on a project where lisp was compiled to java bytecode[1] and
wants to reverse-engineer java (the language) out of it[1]. He's
making amazing progress, but I still think his requirements are a
little unreasonable.

[1] Whaaaaa..?

Patrick May

Andy said:
Is there any such "tool" available for coverting Java to Lisp or
Prolog?

Just rewrite your Java code in Lisp. It should only take 10% of
the original lines of code, after all.

Regards,

Patrick