    - = -
    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

    , Jun 13, 2014

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    The problem to me sounds like the people who manage these public
    terminals. They should install updates and turn off any automatic
    updates or checks.

    You have to have updates every few months now purely to keep up with
    patching security breaches. The only way I could see to fix that
    would be a major redesign of CPUs to make security breaches impossible
    by keeping each app in an air tight compartment.

    The other feature of such a CPU would be to make it possible for code
    to run inside a "dark room" where no one could monitor it. This would
    be used to stop piracy.

    Part of their problem is just knowing about updates. I wrote Vercheck
    to monitor a set a programs and warn you whenever there are updates. I
    currently monitor 109 programs. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/utilities.html

    Roedy Green, Jun 13, 2014

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    I have thought about it for several minutes, but that makes no sense.
    I see no connection whatsoever between having recent versions of
    software and how frequently my computers masturbate. Is this
    something you want to encourage or discourage?

    Roedy Green, Jun 13, 2014
  4. Silvio Guest

    Now why would anyone have Java installed on a public terminal? That
    makes no sense to me at all. Anyone who targets the general public does
    not expect them to have Java installed.

    Silvio, Jun 13, 2014