Javascript and Postback

eesp.test

Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way to reset a javascript timer whenever there is a
postback? Right now I have it set up to reset during the onload event
but I would also like it to reset during a post back. The purpose is to
send a message to the user after 30minutes of inactivity saying that
their session has ended and redirect to another page.

Kind of thought this fit under asp.net more than javascript.

Thanks for the help!

sonic

Right now I have it set up to reset during the onload event
but I would also like it to reset during a post back. The purpose is to
send a message to the user after 30minutes of inactivity saying that
their session has ended and redirect to another page.

what do you mean? postback will trigger onload when page comes back.
and your regular logic should just work

Darren

Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way to reset a javascript timer whenever there is a
postback? Right now I have it set up to reset during the onload event
but I would also like it to reset during a post back. The purpose is to
send a message to the user after 30minutes of inactivity saying that
their session has ended and redirect to another page.

Kind of thought this fit under asp.net more than javascript.

Thanks for the help!

Why dont you use the 'session_onend' within global.asax instead of
timers ??? You can display another page (with a message) from
there....and then redirect elsewhere...