javascript 'target=_blank'

HiVelocity

i am doing an fprotate.class pictures and for the click link i'm trying to
get it to open in a new window. here's my command line and it opens in the
exisiting window:

<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="http://www.mywebsite.com">

anyone have know what script text i put in to get hte page to open in a NEW
window similiar to the html [target="_blank"]

thanks in advance for your help.

doc

Janwillem Borleffs

HiVelocity said:
i am doing an fprotate.class pictures and for the click link i'm
trying to get it to open in a new window. here's my command line and
it opens in the exisiting window:

<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="http://www.mywebsite.com">

anyone have know what script text i put in to get hte page to open in
a NEW window similiar to the html [target="_blank"]

This has nothing to do with Javascript, because fprotate is a Java Applet
and Java is not the same as JavaScript!

But I did some testing and discovered that the following param invokes the
requested behaviour:

<param name="target" value="_blank">

JW

HiVelocity

thank you sooooo much. as you can see, i know so little about javascript, i
didn't know there was that much of a difference between javascript and java
appalet. :eek:(

however, i inserted the <param....etc.> that you submitted immediately
following the script that i posted and IT WORKED!!

thank you very much for your kind input.

hi velocity