JBoss 4.x Packaging

Karl Uppiano

I am looking for JBoss documentation that talks about packaging best
practices for JBoss. I have an EAR file containing three WAR files, two EJB
jars and a RAR file. It deploys and runs just fine on the Sun Appserver PE 8
& 9, but I am clearly lacking something for JBoss. I found a few references
and samples of the so-called *-ds.xml file, but no schema, and no clear
indication of where it goes in the EAR assembly.

I have searched the docs on the JBoss web site, Googled JBoss packaging,
ds.xml and several other likely search strings, but I have found nothing
comprehensive about how to properly package a full-range JBoss enterprise
application involving Servlets, EJBs and RAs. Any other suggestions?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Karl said:
I am looking for JBoss documentation that talks about packaging best
practices for JBoss. I have an EAR file containing three WAR files, two EJB
jars and a RAR file. It deploys and runs just fine on the Sun Appserver PE 8
& 9, but I am clearly lacking something for JBoss. I found a few references
and samples of the so-called *-ds.xml file, but no schema, and no clear
indication of where it goes in the EAR assembly.

The xxxx-ds.xml files deployed defines datasources.

They should not (and very likely can not) be in an ear file.

They are not part of the application but part of the server
configuration.

In most other servers such stuff is defined in server
config files and/or server admin tools.

It is just easier in JBoss.

Arne

Karl Uppiano

Arne Vajhøj said:
The xxxx-ds.xml files deployed defines datasources.

They should not (and very likely can not) be in an ear file.

They are not part of the application but part of the server
configuration.

In most other servers such stuff is defined in server
config files and/or server admin tools.

It is just easier in JBoss.

Arne

Thanks Arne. I am slowly finding bits and pieces of the puzzle.