JBoss Authentication Mechanism Similar to Tomcat's Realms or Resin'sAuthenticators

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jonathan M. Rose, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Hello All:

    Does JBoss support an authentication mechanism similar to Tomcat's
    Realms or Resin's Authenticators? In particular, I am looking for a way
    to be passed the username and password into a class, which would then
    return (perhaps a Boolean) whether that username and password were correct.

    The reason I'm asking is that I would like to authenticate against an
    XML file like:

    <user>
    <login>jonrose</login>
    <password>mypass</password>
    </user>

    or something similar. I don't want to have to edit the web.xml file
    because I would like deployment of this application to be something
    like: 1) copy the WAR file to the correct location and set up the
    server, 2) edit a sample configuration file (with the above
    username/password section) to fit the user's needs and 3) use the
    application.

    Any ideas? Do I really need to mess with JAAS? If so, are there any
    tutorials dealing with JAAS and JBoss?

    Thank you for your time!

    -Jon
    --