jibbering down??

Erwin Moller

Hi,

Fridayafternoon over here. I was just going to read up a little on
closures, only to discover my bookmarked page is dead.
And the rest of www.jibbering.com too for that matter.
(http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/closures.html)

Anybody in here who can give that server a friendly kcik so it starts
serving again?

Reagrds,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message said:
I know about it... steps are being taken, downtime shouldn't be too
long :(

Perhaps someone could be authorised to mirror it, with a CRON job run,
say, weekly. I don't have the bandwidth to provide a well-known mirror
(nor do I have CRON).

"Version 12, Updated May 04, 2009 by Garrett Smith" is at dollar clj
minus faq . htm but don't publish that.

Re my previous post : this mail/news system is notoriously standards-
compliant; it would accept only valid E-addresses and reject only
invalid ones. The Sender address of that, and this, contains $.

Peter Michaux

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>
, Fri, 15 May 2009 13:59:00, Jim Ley <[email protected]> posted:

Perhaps someone could be authorised to mirror it, with a CRON job run,
say, weekly.  I don't have the bandwidth to provide a well-known mirror
(nor do I have CRON).

I just checked a couple of the pages. There are no copyright notices
as far as I saw. No need for "authorized".

Google and the way back machine probably caches the pages at some
regular interval.

Peter

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <89183b05-b2e6-40d2-8366-68f5e8ef98a9@g3
g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, Fri, 15 May 2009 21:30:23, Peter Michaux
I just checked a couple of the pages. There are no copyright notices
as far as I saw. No need for "authorized".

Obviously you have no understanding of copyright law or principles, and
you spell like an American.

GS : mail.

While there is benefit in having a historic archive, general copying of
pages that are frequently edited is a BAD THING unless the copies are
guaranteed to be fresh.

Google and the way back machine probably caches the pages at some
regular interval.

Why not check?

Google caches, keeping one recent version; I suspect that it does not
retain a copy whose original has vanished.

Wayback takes copies less often, and will not show anything less that 6
months old.

There might be a case for mentioning those in the FAQ.

QUERY : I have trimmed a sparse positive array, e.g.
[,,2,,,,,7,8,,11,13,] to [2,7,8,11,13], by sorting it, seeking the first
undefined, and setting length. But something strange happens sometimes
in Opera. I have a solution below; but I'd be interested in an
explanation & whether the strangeness represents an Operatic bug.

function Pack(A) { var B = [], J
while (A.length) if (J=A.pop()) B.push(J)
return B }