jibbering.com down.

Erwin Moller

Somebody please fix www.jibbering.com. It is down.

I don't know who to email about this, so I just post to all. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Asen Bozhilov

Erwin said:
Somebody please fixwww.jibbering.com. It is down.

I don't know who to email about this, so I just post to all. ;-)

I do not have any problems with opening the page. Moreover, exactly at
the time which you was posted the thread I opened FAQ.

Dmitry A. Soshnikov

Somebody please fix www.jibbering.com. It is down.

I don't know who to email about this, so I just post to all. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller
By the way, can somebody explain why the FAQ section of c.l.js is placed
on the home page of the Jim Ley (who is it by the way? I really don't
know, so sorry if something.. ;)).

The host's price is cheap today. So there is a sense to move it to the
new host with the relevant title.

Dmitry.

Erwin Moller

Asen Bozhilov schreef:

I do not have any problems with opening the page. Moreover, exactly at
the time which you was posted the thread I opened FAQ.

Hi,

It seems to be up again now.
:)

And both URLs http://jibbering.com and http://www.jibbering.com are OK.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Garrett Smith

Dmitry said:
By the way, can somebody explain why the FAQ section of c.l.js is placed
on the home page of the Jim Ley (who is it by the way? I really don't
know, so sorry if something.. ;)).
No idea.
The host's price is cheap today. So there is a sense to move it to the
new host with the relevant title.
The FAQ is linked from a lot of places already. It doesn't seem worth
moving.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:

You can't be serious.
The FAQ is linked from a lot of places already. It doesn't seem worth
moving.

That is hardly a good argument for not moving it since server-side
redirection can take care of any links that would otherwise be dead. A
better argument in favor of keeping it where it is, is "Never change a
running system" -- so far, jibbering.com is up and running. Occasional
short downtimes for maintenance can be expected of a Web site. The
impatient can make use of Web caches in the meantime.

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

Thomas said:
You can't be serious.

I have not, to my awareness, ever navigated to root directory under my
ssh/ftp client until just now.

I use my ssh client to log in to the directory under /faq and never go
up directory.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:
I have not, to my awareness, ever navigated to root directory under my
ssh/ftp client until just now.

I use my ssh client to log in to the directory under /faq and never go
up directory.

What does this have to do with the questions Dmitry asked?

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

Thomas said:
What does this have to do with the questions Dmitry asked?
It is my response to the question about why the FAQ was on jibbering.com
homepage, not parenthetical "Who is Jim Ley" question.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:
It is my response to the question about why the FAQ was on jibbering.com
homepage, not parenthetical "Who is Jim Ley" question.

How can you not know why the FAQ is on jibbering.com when you know who Jim
Ley is?

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

Thomas said:
How can you not know why the FAQ is on jibbering.com when you know who Jim
Ley is?

I understood Dmitry asking why the FAQ was being shown in place of Jim
Ley's homepage, which is located at http://jibbering.com/ .

I did not see that and I did not upload the file there.

David Mark

Garrett said:
I understood Dmitry asking why the FAQ was being shown in place of Jim
Ley's homepage, which is located at http://jibbering.com/ .

I did not see that and I did not upload the file there.

Clearly Dmitry was using "home page" to mean "site". In other words,
why is it on jibbering.com at all. The answer is historical and not
particularly relevant. It is where it is (and there's no sense moving
it now).

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]
september.org>, Tue, 11 May 2010 13:56:14, Garrett Smith
Garrett

If you were to keep the current version number and date in your .sig,
then we would be able to perceive when a change occurred.

The FAQ reference (and any references elsewhere) to my js-randm.htm now
needs a reference also to my new js-shufl.htm (fission has occurred), if
all the material is to be encompassed. The two pages are, of course,
cross-linked.