JNI 64bit JVM, load 32bit native library

mark.faine

Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
version of Java?

Thanks,
-Mark

mark.faine

If this is not possible, which at this point, I believe it is not. How
do I build a 32 bit version of JSVC on AMD_64 Linux?

Thanks,
-Mark

Patricia Shanahan

Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
version of Java?

I've never tried to mix sizes, so this is just an idea on general
principles.

Have you considered writing a 64 bit wrapper library, in e.g. C, that
interfaces to the 32 bit native library?

Patricia

Nigel Wade

Is it possible to load a 32bit native library (linux.so) using a 64bit
version of Java?

I'm pretty sure you cannot mix 32bit and 64bit binaries, they will not co-exist.

It is possible to run 32bit executables on a 64it platform, however. If the
platform is AMD64 or EMT64 then it should cause no problems at all. All you
would need is to install a 32bit JRE.

Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
(e-mail address removed)

I'm pretty sure you cannot mix 32bit and 64bit binaries, they will not co-exist.

It is possible to run 32bit executables on a 64it platform, however. If the
platform is AMD64 or EMT64 then it should cause no problems at all. All you
would need is to install a 32bit JRE.

thanks, your answer is correct !

Joined
Oct 14, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
On running "mvn exec:exec" I am getting following error

64-bit Java Virtual Machine to load

32-bit native libraries.

More information may be available in the log, specify -Dvlcj.log=DEBUG on the command-line when starting your application.

at uk.co.caprica.vlcj.binding.LibVlcFactory.create(LibVlcFactory.java:191)

at uk.co.caprica.vlcj.player.MediaPlayerFactory.<init>(MediaPlayerFactory.java:213)

at uk.co.caprica.vlcj.component.AudioMediaPlayerComponent.onGetMediaPlayerFactory(AudioMediaPlayerComponent.java:168)

at uk.co.caprica.vlcj.component.AudioMediaPlayerComponent.<init>(AudioMediaPlayerComponent.java:102)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSAudioPlayer.setupAudioPlayer(AVSAudioPlayer.java:252)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSAudioPlayer.<init>(AVSAudioPlayer.java:143)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSAudioPlayerFactory.getAudioPlayer(AVSAudioPlayerFactory.java:18)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.AVSController.<init>(AVSController.java:183)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.App.<init>(App.java:47)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.App.<init>(App.java:36)

at com.amazon.alexa.avs.App.main(App.java:31)