JNI and event listeners in native code?

Martijn Tonies

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to create java classes via
JNI from native code and then attach event listeners to, for
example, a java.awt.Button. The event handler should be in
native code.

If not, what would be the alternative? I was thinking of a
small Java class that implements the listener interface and
then the native code can create that class, attach it to the
button as an event listener and attach native methods to
the listener-implementing class. That should be possible,
right?

--
Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench Lite for MySQL - FREE developer tool for MySQL!

Roedy Green

Does anyone know if it's possible to create java classes via
JNI from native code and then attach event listeners to, for
example, a java.awt.Button. The event handler should be in
native code.

ANY method could act as an event handler. So there is no problem
making it native or call native code.
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jni.html

The tricky part would be getting native code to generate events.

JNI is not for creating Java classes on the fly. It for letting you
access C++ classes.

To create code on the fly and compile it into Java classes, which you
could then use in any way you please, see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/onthefly.html