jnlp not sharing sessions between browser and webastart viewer

Aryeh M. Friedman

Can anyone tell explain and tell me how to fix the following issue if you go to http://www.fnwe.net/fred/client.jsp it will give a link with the session id in parens but when you click on it the actual webstart code reports an other session id... here is all my code:

web.xml:

<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>jnlp</servlet-name>
<jsp-file>/jnlp.jsp</jsp-file>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>jnlp</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.jnlp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

client.jsp:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

jnlp.jsp:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<%@page contentType="application/x-java-jnlp-file" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<jnlp codebase="http://www.fnwe.net/fred" href="jnlp.jsp">
<information>
<title>JNLP Demo</title>
<vendor>JNLP Demo</vendor>
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.6+" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
<jar href="jars/fred.jar" main="true" />
</resources>
<application-desc name="JNLP demo" main-class="HelloWorld">
<argument>${pageContext.session.id}</argument>
</application-desc>
</jnlp>

HelloWorld.java:

public class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Hello: "+args[0]);

Sample screen shot (of getting disagreement on session id) at:

http://www.fnwe.net/fred/screen.png