jnlp not sharing sessions between browser and webastart viewer

Discussion in 'Java' started by Aryeh M. Friedman, Mar 21, 2013.

  1. Can anyone tell explain and tell me how to fix the following issue if you go to http://www.fnwe.net/fred/client.jsp it will give a link with the session id in parens but when you click on it the actual webstart code reports an other session id... here is all my code:

    web.xml:

    <web-app>
    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>jnlp</servlet-name>
    <jsp-file>/jnlp.jsp</jsp-file>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>jnlp</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jnlp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    </web-app>

    client.jsp:

    <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

    jnlp.jsp:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <%@page contentType="application/x-java-jnlp-file" %>
    <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
    <jnlp codebase="http://www.fnwe.net/fred" href="jnlp.jsp">
    <information>
    <title>JNLP Demo</title>
    <vendor>JNLP Demo</vendor>
    </information>
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.6+" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <jar href="jars/fred.jar" main="true" />
    </resources>
    <application-desc name="JNLP demo" main-class="HelloWorld">
    <argument>${pageContext.session.id}</argument>
    </application-desc>
    </jnlp>

    HelloWorld.java:

    public class HelloWorld
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Hello: "+args[0]);

    Sample screen shot (of getting disagreement on session id) at:

    http://www.fnwe.net/fred/screen.png

    Aryeh M. Friedman, Mar 21, 2013