[JSF] customtag

Mark Sudau

Hi folks,

I need a sorted / unsorted list (<ol>/<ul>) as a customtag for JSF for a
css menu with submenus. Im the HTML prototype it works fine and I wanted
to use the css-file without modification.

Does anybody has an idea where to find a good documentation, a good
sample or a good idea for an other solution.

thanks for help

Mark

Chris Smith

Mark Sudau said:
I need a sorted / unsorted list (<ol>/<ul>) as a customtag for JSF for a
css menu with submenus. Im the HTML prototype it works fine and I wanted
to use the css-file without modification.

Do you mean that you want to build a custom component, or just a custom
tag? This would work best as a JSF component.

In any case, what I've done for this in the past is to test for the
existence of the CSS file by some fairly unique name, and if it doesn't
exist in the web application, then include the contents into an inline
HTML style element by reading and copying from a resource in your JAR.
The documentation should then strongly recommend placing the
appropriately named CSS file in the right place. (I've actually used
this for an external JavaScript file implementing JSON... but same
diff).

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation