jsp:forward page to parent directory

in_dv

Hi,

I am using struts framework for authenticating clients. The struts
action mapping is as follows:

<action
path="/servlet/PathwayClientAuthenticator"
scope="request"
name="emptyForm"
input="/signup01.jsp"
validate="false"
type="netpulse.PathwayClientController">
<forward name="success"
path="/signup11.jsp"/>
<forward name="failure"
path="/signup00.jsp"/>
</action>

So I am getting transfered to
https://some_url/servlet/PathwayClientController.do but getting
contents of sugnup11.jsp on success.

Now from that page I want to forward to signup2.jsp
<jsp:forward page="/signup2.jsp">
But I am getting following error :
The requested resource (/servlet/signup2.jsp) is not available.

I dont understand that even on giving /signup2.jsp , why its not
looking into the document root rather than looking into relative path

Kindly help me thanks a lot

Manish Pandit

You should be using a path relative to the current JSP. If you use
absolute path (/....), the web server ends up resolving it, which leads
it to the context root (/servlet in your case).

-cheers,
Manish

in_dv

Thanks for your inputs Manish, Please can you tell me how I should use
the path relative to current jsp page. According to my knowledge , if
we specify the "/" in front of .jsp page the path is considered as
absolute path and from the document root. Please correct me if I am
wrong

Manish Pandit

You are right - adding / in front of the path makes it absolute with
the context root, but in this case the context root includes the
context itself (/servlet). You might want to try something like
.../index.jsp or just ../../index.jsp based on where the other index.jsp
is, relative to the "current" index.jsp.

-cheers,
Manish