JSTL - format - message fmt tag lib - please help

jill

Hi,

I am using format taglib first time. I have configured
messages.properties. I am trying to use spring example from
http://www.springframework.org/docs/MVC-step-by-step/Spring-MVC-step-by-step-Part-3.html

Every thing is working fine but my messages are appearing as ???.
I have messages.properties in my web-inf classes folder.

I have this entry in my web.xml

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar</taglib-location>
</taglib>

And I am using this syntax in my jsp

<fmt:message key="heading"/>

The output I get in jsp is -- ???heading???

My messages.properties file looks like --

title=SpringApp
heading=Hello :: SpringApp
greeting=Greetings, it is now

Please any help will be appreciated.