Key Events

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

I have a question about key events. In the key events
they have some values called as follows:

static int KEY_LOCATION_LEFT

static int KEY_LOCATION_NUMPAD

static int KEY_LOCATION_RIGHT

static int KEY_LOCATION_STANDARD

I have seen the api and the explanation of what the above values represent

and still do not understand what they mean.

Is is possible for someone to explain these values to me in detail.

What do they mean by LOCATION_LEFT - Left of what?

What do they mean by LOCATION_RIGHT - right of what?

What do they mean by LOCATION_STANDARD - what standard are they talking
about?

What do they mean by LOCATION_NUMPAD - are they talking about the num pad
on the right of my keyboard?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Eric Sosman

freesoft_2000 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about key events. In the key events
they have some values called as follows:

static int KEY_LOCATION_LEFT

static int KEY_LOCATION_NUMPAD

static int KEY_LOCATION_RIGHT

static int KEY_LOCATION_STANDARD

I have seen the api and the explanation of what the above values represent

and still do not understand what they mean.

Is is possible for someone to explain these values to me in detail.

What do they mean by LOCATION_LEFT - Left of what?

What do they mean by LOCATION_RIGHT - right of what?

What do they mean by LOCATION_STANDARD - what standard are they talking
about?

What do they mean by LOCATION_NUMPAD - are they talking about the num pad
on the right of my keyboard?

Seems clear enough from the JavaDoc. Look at your keyboard,
and you may find two different SHIFT keys, for example, one on
the left and one on the right. KEY_LOCATION_{LEFT,RIGHT} allows
your program to tell them apart, if it wants to. Look again at
your keyboard, and you may find two 7 keys, one in the main
keyboard and one in a keypad. KEY_LOCATION_{STANDARD,NUMPAD}
distinguishes these, if your program cares to check.