Link Button control and anchor within page do not work in Mobile 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by David C, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. David C

    David C Guest

    I have posted this question, which I think is very simple on several
    sites, and nobody seems to know what I am talking about. At my wits
    end here. Please help.

    I am putting together a site for mobile devices using regular ASP.NET
    controls after giving up on "Mobile Web Forms" for several reasons.

    Two problems.

    LinkButton
    ========

    The LinkButton control does not work in Mobile 6.0, even though it
    works fine with the Mobile 6.0 emulators. My particular make and
    model is Palm Treo 750, but I am observing similar issues with other
    brands such as HTC, and Kiser.

    When the user presses a LinkButton, it simply does not respond. Is
    there a setting in the browser that can change? I know that it works
    with Mobile 5.0, but not 6.0 (although emulators seem to have no
    trouble with it). I suppose one option is the replace all LinkButtons
    with Buttons, but I really don't want to do that.

    Page Anchor
    =========

    Can't get it to work. When my URL looks like "myhpage.aspx?
    id=85565#A" to redirect to an anchor within a page, it does not work
    in any of the mobile devices I've tested with including emulators. Is
    there a workaround to this? This is very important since the limited
    size of the mobile screen, so I want to do what I can to help the user
    not have to scroll a lot.

    I have put together a sample application to demonstrate my problem.
    Here is the link to it.
    http://junk.petrotools.com/From.aspx

    The code files are really simple.
    ***From.aspx
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
    OnClick="LinkButton1_Click">Click Me</asp:LinkButton>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label><br />
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"
    OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Send Me to another page" /></div>
    </form>
    ***From.aspx.cs
    public partial class From : System.Web.UI.Page

    protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    Label1.Text = "you clicked a link button";
    Response.Redirect("ToPage.aspx#A");

    ToPage.aspx
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <a name="A">Here is my anchor</a>

    </form>

    David C, Jun 10, 2008

  2. David C

    Al Fitz Guest

    I went to your page and all three of the links worked fine. I'm using an
    HTC6800 with Windows Mobile 6.0

    Al Fitz, Jul 31, 2008

  3. David C

    Damon B. Guest

    I am having the same problem on my WM 5 Samsung Blackjack! Anyone have a
    solution?

    Damon B., Aug 31, 2008