    fine without having to set EnableViewState to "True".

    Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.
    Al

    Al Cadalzo, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Al Cadalzo

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    that is probably because Command event raises DataGrid's ItemCommand event.
    Is that raised even if ViewState is disabled?

    Teemu Keiski, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Al Cadalzo

    Al Cadalzo Guest

    I see nothing in the docs that says that ViewState has to be enabled in
    order for the event to be raised.

    Al Cadalzo, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Al Cadalzo

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    It was question that is it raised in your case. And docs don't tell
    everything. :)

    If you set CommandName and CommandArgument properties for LinkButton that is
    in Datagrid, DataGrid's ItemCommand event is raised with the given
    arguments. You might want try to handle that.

    Anyway, here's couple of articles that discuss about using DataGrid without
    ViewState:
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/jimross/Articles/DatagridDiet.aspx
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/jimross/Articles/DatagridDietPartTwo.aspx

    Teemu Keiski, Jan 5, 2004
  5. What tripped me up with WEB DataGrid events was the fact that the
    datagrid will not work if it is not bound to something. With the save
    viewstate off, when the datagrid returns, the data is not persisted, and
    the datagrid does nothing because it is not bound. Sometimes, depending
    on where you store the data, the data is persisted anyway using that
    object's viewstate, and then it works. To test if this is the problem -
    simply bind the datagrid to some data in the oninit event. I use rubbish
    data to get mine to work properly.

    David Mc Kenzie, Jan 7, 2004