List client certificates

moises.cid

Hi,

I'm developing a Web application with VStudio 2005 + .net 2.0 + IIS 6.0

In the Web application I've to digitally sign a pdf document with a
user certificate. In the page where I've to sign I list the user
certificates with this code:
X509Store store = new X509Store(StoreLocation.CurrentUser);
store.Open(OpenFlags.ReadOnly);
X509Certificate2Collection certCollection = store.Certificates;
if (certCollection.Count < 1) {
lblMsg.Text = "No hay certificados 'Personales' Instalados.";
return; }
foreach (X509Certificate2 c in certCollection)
DDListCertifi.Items.Add(c.Subject);
This code works fine in my Visual Studio local web server. I can see
the user certificates in the dropdownlist, but when I export the code
to other server, it doesn't works. I can't see the certificates in the
dropdown,

¿can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance. Moisés

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You need some ActiveX or script code that runs on the client to read a
user's client certificates. This code won't work running on the server. :)

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net

[...]

Thanks Joe for your information.
Could you tell where found information in order to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI) ha escrito:

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

I'm sorry, but I don't really know how to tell you to proceed as I'm not
sure how I would accomplish such a thing if I were to do it. In order to
sign a file, you need access to a user's client certificates and the private
key, so I'm guessing you would need an activex control (or potentially a
..NET user control with proper CAS permissions) to implement this.

Maybe someone else will have some other ideas.