listbox hiding drop down menu

Rosanne

I have a menu written in javascript. I include that menu on an asp
page. The aspx page contains both a listbox and a datagrid. There i
one drop down menu that overlaps the place where the listbox is. Whe
the user hovers over the drop down menu, the listbox hides the botto
options on the menu. However, the menu also overlaps the place wher
the datagrid is, but the datagrid does not hide the menu - the men
appears over the datagrid as it should. Any idea how to make th
listbox work this way, too? When the menu is displayed, it shoul
always be fore front.

Thanks in advance

Bruce Barker

the usual workaround is to hide the dropdown when the menu is opened. you
could render the menu in its own <iframe> which is the only object that will
render ontop of a dropdown.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)