Listbox on Postback

Danno

Ok, I'm losing my mind. I have a simple ASP.NET page with a listbox
control. I am loading the listbox with a few items during Page_Load,
but only if it is NOT postback (the listbox is unbound, the items come
from XML).

I select an item from the list and click a Delete button, but on
postback the SelectedIndex property is always = 0 (unless I don't
select an item and then I get -1).

EnableListView is true for the page and the listbox.

Any ideas?

Praveen Naregal

Even I am facing the same problem. EnableViewState is true.
What might be the problem?
Ok, I'm losing my mind. I have a simple ASP.NET page with a listbox
control. I am loading the listbox with a few items during Page_Load,
but only if it is NOT postback (the listbox is unbound, the items come
from XML).

I select an item from the list and click a Delete button, but on
postback the SelectedIndex property is always = 0 (unless I don't
select an item and then I get -1).

EnableListView is true for the page and the listbox.

Any ideas?

.

Danno

Yeah, sorry. I meant to say EnableViewState (not EnableListView) is
on for the form and listbox.

Alvin Bruney said:
viewstate is on?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
Danno said:
Ok, I'm losing my mind. I have a simple ASP.NET page with a listbox
control. I am loading the listbox with a few items during Page_Load,
but only if it is NOT postback (the listbox is unbound, the items come
from XML).

I select an item from the list and click a Delete button, but on
postback the SelectedIndex property is always = 0 (unless I don't
select an item and then I get -1).

EnableListView is true for the page and the listbox.

Any ideas?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

post a short but complete program which demonstrates this problem

use this as a guide
http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/csharp/complete.html
--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
Danno said:
Yeah, sorry. I meant to say EnableViewState (not EnableListView) is
on for the form and listbox.

Alvin Bruney said:
viewstate is on?

--