"Literal" Control in Mobile ASPX?

Guest

I am confused about how I can insert literal text into a page from C# in the
ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Page model. There is no supported "Literal" control as
there is in ASPX (standard), though I don't understand why not. So the
question is, how do I get literal HTML text into a certain spot on my ASPX
page in mobile? It seems I cannot even insert a <p> and then run it at the
server and control it's InnerText or anything.

Help?

Alex

Masudur

I am confused about how I can insert literal text into a page from C# in the
ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Page model. There is no supported "Literal" control as
there is in ASPX (standard), though I don't understand why not. So the
question is, how do I get literal HTML text into a certain spot on my ASPX
page in mobile? It seems I cannot even insert a <p> and then run it at the
server and control it's InnerText or anything.

Help?

Alex

hi..

try
span ... with runat attribute set to server...
and in spans innerhtml drop what you like...

thanks
masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Alex,

As for the ASP.NET mobile page, since the built-in mobile controls are not
decidated to html based web pages, it may not contains all those controls
in standard ASPNET control collection. However, as I've mentioned in some
former threads, if your mobile page will target certain device that HTML
content, you can use device filter to supply HTML or ASP.NET standard
controls based template. Here are some reference on this:

#ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls - Device Specific Rendering
http://blogs.msdn.com/gurbir/archive/2006/07/26/Gurbir-Singh-Sethi.aspx

#Device-Specific Content
http://dotnetjunkies.com/MobileQuickStart/(5jjcnq45oojwvn45f1fascbz)/doc/Dev
iceSpecific.aspx