locale/tk/ruby and indian deadlines [slightly OT]

Ara.T.Howard

rtk'rs-

we've shipped a whole bunch of ruby code over to india and one of our group
members is installing it. everything works o.k. with the exception of tk apps
looking 'garbled' (his description). my gut feeling is that this is a locale
issue as the platform and os (latest redhat enterprise) are the same as many
machines we have installed locally on. obivously there are about 1 billion
things which could be wrong here, and many which are not related to ruby at
all, but i'm wondering if some of you there may have experienced this
behaviour and discovered a solution.

apologies if this is too greatly off topic.

-a