locale/tk/ruby and indian deadlines [slightly OT]

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    rtk'rs-

    we've shipped a whole bunch of ruby code over to india and one of our group
    members is installing it. everything works o.k. with the exception of tk apps
    looking 'garbled' (his description). my gut feeling is that this is a locale
    issue as the platform and os (latest redhat enterprise) are the same as many
    machines we have installed locally on. obivously there are about 1 billion
    things which could be wrong here, and many which are not related to ruby at
    all, but i'm wondering if some of you there may have experienced this
    behaviour and discovered a solution.

    apologies if this is too greatly off topic.

    -a

    Ara.T.Howard, Apr 14, 2004