Localhost -Visual Web Developer 2005

Stonewall

I am trying to view a project using web developer 2005 on a vista laptop
using this connection string in the web.config file.

<add name="AmSoftMgt" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};Server=66.36.240.205;Database=AmSoftMgt;User=AmSoftWeb;Password=AmS0ftW3b;Option=3;"/>

But every time I debug (with no errors) or preview a page, the project loads
at http://localhost:50977/root/login.aspx

I have searched my entire solution for any other references to localhost and
none exist. Why does it keep loading in localhost?

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

I am trying to view a project using web developer 2005 on a vista laptop
using this connection string in the web.config file.

<add name="AmSoftMgt" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};Server=66.36.240.205;Database=AmSoftMgt;User=AmSoftWeb;Password=AmS0ftW3b;Option=3;"/>

But every time I debug (with no errors) or preview a page, the project loads
at http://localhost:50977/root/login.aspx

I have searched my entire solution for any other references to localhost and
none exist. Why does it keep loading in localhost?

Because the assumtion is made that you are using the web server on your
development PC. Localhost refers to the web server on your PC, in this case
Visual Studio's built in web server

Eliyahu Goldin

http://localhost:50977/root/login.aspx tells your browser to get login.aspx
page from http server running on your local machine and listenning to port
50977. In fact, this is the development server that comes with VWD 2005.

Server=66.36.240.205 tells your program to connect to a database located on
that server.

There is no conflict between the two.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Stonewall

I want the program to connect to a database on the server but it's not
connecting to it. So you are saying localhost:50977 is the database on my
server? It doesn't seem like it. Here's what I thought the URL address
should lbe:
http://66.36.240.205/AmSoftApps/login.aspx
Instead it looks like this:

Stonewall said:
I am trying to view a project using web developer 2005 on a vista laptop
using this connection string in the web.config file.

<add name="AmSoftMgt" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};Server=66.36.240.205;Database=AmSoftMgt;User=AmSoftWeb;Password=AmS0ftW3b;Option=3;"/>

But every time I debug (with no errors) or preview a page, the project
loads
at http://localhost:50977/root/login.aspx

I have searched my entire solution for any other references to localhost
and
none exist. Why does it keep loading in localhost?

Eliyahu Goldin

localhost:50977 has nothing to do with database. It is your webserver.

--

Stonewall said:
I am trying to view a project using web developer 2005 on a vista laptop
using this connection string in the web.config file.

<add name="AmSoftMgt" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};Server=66.36.240.205;Database=AmSoftMgt;User=AmSoftWeb;Password=AmS0ftW3b;Option=3;"/>

But every time I debug (with no errors) or preview a page, the project
loads
at http://localhost:50977/root/login.aspx

I have searched my entire solution for any other references to
localhost
and
none exist. Why does it keep loading in localhost?

Stonewall

So how do I get it to connect to my server database? I want to test the app
with my database on the internet.

Eliyahu Goldin said:
[...]

Juan T. Llibre

Looks like you're missing the port MySQL uses...

Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=data.domain.com;Port=3306;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;
Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Why aren't you using Connector/Net 5.1 ?
It's designed specifically for .Net usage...

Download it here :
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html

: