LOCATION API J2ME MOTOROLA A835

Discussion in 'Java' started by PeppeM, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. PeppeM

    PeppeM Guest

    - Where I can find com.motorola.location package to compile into pc
    midlet before make a jar?

    - Where I can find com.motorola.location package documentation? In the
    motorola A835 developer guide there's very litte bit information.

    - There are difference between com.motorola.location package and
    com.motorola.iden.position package?

    - Is it necessary any form of digital signature, authorization or
    anything to get AGPS motorola driver access throught location api?

    - I write a simple test midlet i compile this source code and package
    in a jar..etc etc.. When I install it in a motorola A835, The cell.
    show this message: "Application is unauthorized", why??

    - You know anyone who test right "find the place" MIDLET in A835?

    import com.motorola.location.*;
    import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;
    import javax.microedition.midlet.*;
    import javax.microedition.io.*;
    import java.io.*;

    public class Prova2 extends MIDlet implements CommandListener
    {
    // display manager
    Display display = null;

    // form
    Form form = new Form(null);

    // command
    static final Command exitCommand = new Command("Exit",
    Command.STOP, 1);

    /**
    * Start the MIDlet by creating a list of items and associating
    the
    * exit command with it.
    */
    public void startApp() throws MIDletStateChangeException
    {
    display = Display.getDisplay(this);
    PositionSource sc = null;
    try { sc = (PositionSource)
    Connector.open("location://");}
    catch (IOException ex) { }
    // AggregatePosition pos = sc.getPosition();
    String stringPos = "test";
    // stringPos = pos.toString();
    testForm(stringPos);
    }

    public void pauseApp()
    { }

    public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional)
    { notifyDestroyed(); }

    /**
    * Test the Form component.
    */
    public void testForm(String s)
    {
    form.append(new StringItem(null, s));
    form.addCommand(exitCommand);
    form.setCommandListener(this);
    display.setCurrent(form);
    }

    /**
    * Handle events.
    */
    public void commandAction(Command c, Displayable d)
    {
    String label = c.getLabel();
    if (label.equals("Exit"))
    {
    destroyApp(true);

    PeppeM, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Did you try looking at the Motorola developer website?
    Probably comes with the SDK.
    I guess you need to have that digital signature.

    Darryl Pierce, Jun 9, 2005