Logger in ruby

Vetrivel Vetrivel

Logger class in ruby.

Syntax of creating logger
Logger.new(logdev, shift_age = 0, shift_size = 1048576)

Description
logdev: The log device. This is a filename (String) or IO object
(typically STDOUT, STDERR, or an open file).

shift_age: Number of old log files to keep, or frequency of rotation
(daily, weekly or monthly).

shift_size: Maximum logfile size (only applies when shift_age is a
number

My question
In shift_age field we can specify the number of old log files
to keep, but i have to keep all the files.Is it possible in Logger? How?

Brian Candler

Vetrivel said:
My question
In shift_age field we can specify the number of old log files
to keep, but i have to keep all the files.Is it possible in Logger? How?

I suggest you look at the source code. It's probably installed in
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/logger.rb or somewhere similar on your system.

Lurker2006

Hi,there are many computer ebooks free download.

www.51cnnet.net

such as:c++,csharp,adobe,ajax,asp.net,head-first,java,linux,my
sql,oracle,perl,ruby,rails,python,acess,visual basic