Login Control!!!

Vai2000

I am using the Login Control in my ASP.NET 2.0 App
I want just 3 users who can login to the system to perform some tasks...

Questions:
1 .Can an ASP Application have individual page level access? if my app has
10 pages I want 7 pages to be public and 3 pages to have security access? If
so how can I accomplish it?
2. Can I have the user ID and passwords stored in the web.config? if so
please tell me how to integrate with the login control & store it in
web.config ? also how can I safeguard it against hacking (encoding???)

Thanks a bunch!

Brock Allen

1 .Can an ASP Application have individual page level access? if my app
has
10 pages I want 7 pages to be public and 3 pages to have security
access? If
so how can I accomplish it?

2. Can I have the user ID and passwords stored in the web.config? if
so
please tell me how to integrate with the login control & store it in
web.config ? also how can I safeguard it against hacking (encoding???)

Check the docs for the <forms> element in web.config. Also, Dom wrote a membership
provider for this:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/ASPNETMembershipProviderForWebconfig2ndTry.aspx