Login Failed for user 'DOMAIN\MACHINE' on Windows 2003 domain

Infant Newbie

I have a windows 2003 domain with 2 servers - one for sql server 2000 and
another as iis. When my asp.net app connects to the sql server I get the
above error.

I modified the <processmodel> section of the machine config and created a
user "aspnet_a" with a strong password. Gave the aspnet_a rights to log on
as a service etc as in the kb articles. Above the process model section i
noticed that the notes said "Please use administrative UI to configure
things like process identity" I think that is what I am missing----as my app
is still logging on to sqlserver using DOMAIN/MACHINE$. I think it is
ignoring the process model section. I have restarted everything a zillion
times!

HELP HELP HELP

Infant Newbie

I solved that problem.

I found the group IIS_WPG in Active directory Users and Computers ( It is
hidden - to find it click on file and select advanced) and added aspnet_a to
the group then i set iis to use asspnet_a in interface.

I now have a problem which wasn't there before - I cannot debug from
VS.net - It says i am not a member of the debuggers - BUT I AM.

Have very little hair left now

HELP HELP

Infant Newbie

Still cannot debug on server!
found this in event viewer
IISADMIN service failed to verify anonymous/wam account DOMAIN\aspnet_a.
Some IIS functions can fail for this reason.

An exhaustive search fails to find this error message anywhere!

Any help??