Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trus

Rudy

Hello all!
I have been reading alot of post on this. I have doubled checked my
permissions, and tried everything else, still no luck. Here is the setup.
I'm running SQL 2000 on two machines, one developer edition, one standard.
My develope is on computer "A" which is also where I have Visual Studio
loaded, and do all my programming and what not. I just added a server, and
built a domain network. I also just got SQL standard and that is loaded on
server, running windows 2000 server.
I can make connection thrrough enterprise manager, I have both servers
registered. I moved the "MMG IMS" database from my developer to my standard
SQL. Basicly for troubleshooting, I also have tried using the sa Login,
change the password for that login. I origianly used windows login, but now
I'm trying everything to get this to work.
The problem is when I run my asp.net website without debugging i get the
following.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user
'(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Source Error:

Line 141: 'Fills dataset from Midwesy in SQl
Line 142: Public Sub FillDataSet(ByVal dSet As dsMMMGIms)
Line 143: SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dSet)
Line 144:
Line 145: End Sub

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mmg ims\Component1.vb Line: 143
Line 143 is in red and stated as a problem. My app builds ok. I am new at
this, any help on this would be great!

Thanks, Rudy

Brad Roberts

If you are using SQL Server Authentication...(sa, etc)
In Enterprise manager, in the properties dialog for the server being
accessed, make sure that both BOTH SQL Server and Windows Authentication are
selected.

If you are using Windows authentication to the SQL server then the anonymous
account on the workstation may not be an account that can be authenticated in
your new domain. In other words, it may only be an account that is known on
the local workstation.

Hope this helps...

Rudy

Thanks Brad,

I did try Both before, But I didn't think about my domain having proper
permissions. When I originally set up SQL, for both machines, I used thw
Windows Authentication, but then I changed it to the sa account to connect my
developer SQL to my domain. There shouldn't be any problem with that, right?
I will try Domain permmisions and let you know.

Thanks for you help

Rudy

Rudy

I tried the domain thing, I'm all good there. I know it's something easy,
just can't seem to get a handle on it.

rudy