Login problem

Guest

I am having a strange login problem that I have been dealing with for a week
and cannot find an answer to. I am about ready to uninstall everything and
then reinstall it.

I am using Visual Studio 2005 Standard with SQL server 2005 Standard on IIS
5.1 (the ASPNET account). These are all on the same machine.

The site was working for quite a while until recently when I had to restore
the whole operating system and reinstall everything. Now when I try to login
to the site, it acts like it is logging on but then it doesn't. It is like
the user is immediately then logged off.

I have checked all security levels for the ASPNET account on the inetpub
folder, for the SQL aspnetdb database.

Can anyone offer me some information about other things to check?

Thanks for the help

Guest

Just some more information on this problem...

When I debug the site through Visual Studio, I can log on and everything
acts normally. This only happens when I am trying to log onto the site
through Internet Explorer. I am able to create a new account and I get no
errors, then I try to login with that new account and it still does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end with this.