Login to MYSQL

Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I am learning MYSQL by a book and the first lesson is to login to mysql via command Terminal. When I type
Code:
/Applications/XAMPP/bin/mysql -u root -pmysql
I get the error
Code:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
. I asm using XAMPP on macOS Monterey. If anybody knows what to do it would be helpful.

Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I am learning MYSQL by a book and the first lesson is to login to mysql via command Terminal. When I type
Code:
/Applications/XAMPP/bin/mysql -u root -pmysql
I get the error
Code:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
. I asm using XAMPP on macOS Monterey. If anybody knows what to do it would be helpful.
Problem solved . I removed XAMPP and installed AMPP.