Losing session variables

Inga2005

Hi!
I have developed a web application which is using localization files.
Once the user selects a different language then the original one the
session variables are lost after 7 seconds. Otherwise the session
variables are kept for 20 min as set in the web.config file. The
structure of my files are like the following

-Site(html files)
--Authenticated(asp.net application)
-SiteDifferentLanguage(html files)

Once the user selects a different language, the main page is using the
files in the SiteDifferentLanguage directory as the root but the same
authenticated files.

I need help with this since the asp.net process seems to recycle way
too early.

/erik

Joey

Are you changing any files or directories within your website folder
with server code? This would probably cause an AppDomain restart and
would blow away all Session variables. If you are then look at
FileChangeNotification and AppDomain restarts in asp.net 2.0. I don't
know if you are doing this, but it has been causing me lots of
headaches since upgrading to 2.0. In my opinion they are WAY too
agressive with this in 2.0. It wasn't a problem in 1.1. Oh well, you
take the bad with the good.

JP