Losing Session Variables

teja

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this for some time now. I am setting a
session variable to a value and calling response.redirect(). In the
redirected page i am reading the session variable and it is blank. I
printed the sessionid on both the pages to make sure that i have not
lost the session itself. The ids are the same on both the pages. It is
just that all the session variable have becoce blank. I even looped
through the session variables and all the session variables i created
in the first page are present in the second page also, but without
their assigned values. I think this might be an IIs config issue. Any
help is appriciated.

Thanks
Teja

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

teja said:
Hi,

I have been trying to solve this for some time now. I am setting a
session variable to a value and calling response.redirect(). In the
redirected page i am reading the session variable and it is blank. I

Is the redirected page really in the same application?

Do you happen to use a (IIS6) web garden?
printed the sessionid on both the pages to make sure that i have not
lost the session itself. The ids are the same on both the pages. It is
just that all the session variable have becoce blank. I even looped
through the session variables and all the session variables i created
in the first page are present in the second page also, but without
their assigned values. I think this might be an IIs config issue. Any
help is appriciated.

It also might be an IE issue. For instance, if you refuse cookies or if you
don't use a valid domain name (valid = domain.local or domain.com eg) . TO
vague for us to tell you yet what is happening.

Do you have a public URL for us, so we can check this behaviour?