    That is ambiguous since it's not clear if the first comma closes the first
    argument or if it's just a token to pass. Please, give me an answer.

    Greetings.

    Ron, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Yes, since the comma is the only op-or-punc here, the first argument
    is ["abc" L'd' .12] and the second is ["def"]. See 16.3/10.
    Not in the same level as the parentheses. The comma is a special token.
    This is not ambiguous. Each comma at the same level as parentheses
    separates macro arguments. In this case given the definition of MYMACRO
    as stated in your post, the error is: too many macro arguments.

    If you need to pass a comma, surround the corresponding argument with
    parentheses:

    MYMACRO(("abc" , L'd' .12), "def")

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 1, 2003