Mailto with attachment

GwenP

Anybody know a way to get this to work? I need to be able to get an outlook
email on the screen so the user can fill in the recipient with an attachment?

as the <a href="mailto: is in quotes I can't enclose the filepath in quotes.
I have tried it with single quotes - no quotes & enclosed in vbscipt tags
<%response.write%> but the attachment never appears.

ContactNo%> &attachment='C:\Index.txt' &Body=test text">

I have read in several places that it is not possible but also seen code on
sites that people claim is working?
Any ideas welcome.

Thanks
GwenP

Bob Barrows

GwenP said:
Anybody know a way to get this to work? I need to be able to get an
outlook email on the screen so the user can fill in the recipient
with an attachment?

as the <a href="mailto: is in quotes I can't enclose the filepath in
quotes. I have tried it with single quotes - no quotes & enclosed in
vbscipt tags <%response.write%> but the attachment never appears.

ContactNo%> &attachment='C:\Index.txt' &Body=test text">

Is that file on the client machine or on the server? You do realize the
client will likely be unable to find that file if it's at the server.
I have read in several places that it is not possible but also seen
code on sites that people claim is working?
Any ideas welcome.
I've never done it. I've always resorted to CDO for emailing attachments.

You should try this question in an html group or forum (it's really not an
ASP question):
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039