Major Major Problem With ASP.NET

kokwooi

I have a piece of blank aspx page which do nothing but Response.Write
something on page load. Some how tis piece of code runs fine in one of
my server(win2K) but in my second server(win2003) I noticed the
page_load event was not fired.

When I add a button to the blank aspx page on the server that failed
to fire the page_load event, the button did not appear... the aspx
page remains blank!

Help!!! Anyone know wats going on?

KW

John Saunders

kokwooi said:
I have a piece of blank aspx page which do nothing but Response.Write
something on page load. Some how tis piece of code runs fine in one of
my server(win2K) but in my second server(win2003) I noticed the
page_load event was not fired.

When I add a button to the blank aspx page on the server that failed
to fire the page_load event, the button did not appear... the aspx
page remains blank!

Help!!! Anyone know wats going on?

It sounds like ASP.NET is not installed on the Windows Server 2003 system.
Be sure to add the "Applications Server" role to the server.

I'm sorry, but I forget the utility that does that. It's something off of
the start page.

xxx xxx

I already had the .NET framework installed in the server. But how do I
add the "Application Server" role into my server.

Further examine I found that if I place a label in the page. Label
appear but not the buttons. What could be wrong?

Thanks,
KW

John Saunders

xxx xxx said:
I already had the .NET framework installed in the server. But how do I
add the "Application Server" role into my server.

Further examine I found that if I place a label in the page. Label
appear but not the buttons. What could be wrong?

I told you. Although you have the .NET Framework installed, you do not have
ASP.NET configured.

I'm not running Server 2003 at the moment, so I can't tell you the precise
command. But look in Administrative Tools for "Configure Your Server" or
something like that.

Suresh Lingineni

I guess the problem is with your iis
repair iis using aspnet_regiis utility
at command prompt run this,
aspnet_regiis -i
normally this utility is available in
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 folder
HTH
Suresh Lingineni

NuTcAsE

Hi...

The problem your facing is that the server is not configured as an
Application Server Role. Go to Start > Administrative Tools >
Configure Your Server Wizard.
This should launch a wizard, click next... and it will ask you to set
all connections required for the wizard, click next again it will show
all the roles that your server is configured, and all roles not
configured. Click on Application Server (IIS, ASP.Net) and click okay.
It should start installation of IIS, and the ASP.Net ISAPI that
handles requests for ASPX files. That should set you up.

Hope this helps