Make one DIV the same height as another?

Grahammer

Barry Pearson said:
Looking good, and behaving well too. (Eg. it works at narrow viewports, and
increasing the font size considerably doesn't cause major problems, although
eventually the text overflows the top bar).

I'd really like the get the header and footer menu closer to the center
content, but the only way I can seem to position it reliably is using PX.
Going to work on this tonight.
Many people's layouts break apart
quite quickly in those cases. I think they want to control the height too
much, whereas you mostly let the height adjust itself. This is typically sound
practice. Perhaps you could rethink the height of the top & bottom bars
too?

I tried making the bars adjustable, but had problems positioning the menus,
as well as that graphic in the top corner. I am going to try and do this
though.
A couple of comments:

- You are probably "over-<div>ing" a bit. Remember that you can use CSS to
position lots of things, and <div> is just one of them. The advantage of
tends to be that you can wrap things up in a <div>, as you do. But if you have
a stand-alone thing, such as list or image, you can typically handle that with
CSS without wrapping it in a <div> first.

I thought so... still getting my head around CSS. A lot of the page will
eventually be generated dynamically so discrete sections are a plus.
- You appear to be over-doing "position: relative". I didn't examine the
details, but I suspect most of the cases you have are not needed, and not
doing anything.

Styles will be getting stripped down.
I love that rotating logo!

Google is your friend... You can find some interesting stuff with their
image search!
I don't know if the issue revealed by the validator will cause you problems:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://dev.csd.ca/sale/

I saw this but wasn't sure what it was referring to. It will be addressed
eventually. Just ran out of time last night. : )