makeactivexclass stopped giving me events when i upgraded to wxpython2.7 =(

matt sib

Hi all.

I just upgraded to wxpython 2.7
Its way cool.
However, in one of my apps, i have embedded a flash activex control.
I have had it working great in wxpython 2.6.
After i upgraded to 2.7, i stopped receiving events from flash!
But whats even weirder is that when i embed the flash activex in a wx.Frame
instead of a wx.Panel, i do get the flash events!
I am most mystified....does anyone have any idea here?
thanks all,
matt

Heres the trimmed down version of the code that used to give me events:
Note that when i change the wx.Panel to wx.Frame, i start getting the events
again.

#panel for displaying activex flash
class FlashPanel(wx.Panel):
def __init__(self, parent, id=-1):
wx.Panel.__init__(self, parent, id)
self.parent = parent
self.InitWindowProperties()
self.CreateFlashPlayer()

def InitWindowProperties(self):
print 'initializing flash interface...'
self.FlashPlayerTopSizer = wx.BoxSizer(wx.VERTICAL)
self.SetSizer(self.FlashPlayerTopSizer)
self.SetAutoLayout(True)
self.Show(True)

#create the activex flash
def CreateFlashPlayer(self):
FlashModule =
win32com.client.gencache.EnsureModule('{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}',
0,1,0)
FlashActiveXClass = MakeActiveXClass(FlashModule.ShockwaveFlash,
eventObj=self)
self.FlashPlayer = FlashActiveXClass(self, -1)
self.FlashPlayerTopSizer.Add(self.FlashPlayer, 1, wx.EXPAND)

#callback for when a call is made from flash to python
def OnFlashCall(self, *Args): print 'got a callback from flash!'

friends module.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkws...aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk