Manage FORM SELECT with multiple selections

Stian

Hi!

I have made a form with two SELECT LIST-boxes where the first is dynmically
filled when you enter the page, and then one can select multiple options
from the list and move across to the other box using javascript. Every
option in the list has an integer value.

The FORM is submitted with the POST method and received on an ASP page. I
then want to manage the selected options one by one. How can I separate
them?

It currently looks like this (with four selections from the box).
1, 5, 9, 10

I tried to manage this as a string, but was told that it was not a string.
Type mismatch: '[string: "1, 5, 9, 10"]'

Can anyone help med with some code that can separate these options for
further work?

Regards, Stian

Jukka K. Korpela

Stian said:
I have made a form with two SELECT LIST-boxes where the first is
dynmically filled when you enter the page, and then one can select
multiple options from the list and move across to the other box using
javascript.

And what happens when JavaScript code is not executed?
It currently looks like this (with four selections from the box).
1, 5, 9, 10

Well, just deal with it.
I tried to manage this as a string, but was told that it was not a
string. Type mismatch: '[string: "1, 5, 9, 10"]'

That's an ASP problem then. Try asking in an ASP group, and give a hint
about what you are actually doing, by revealing a piece of code. Posting
the URL wouldn't hurt either.

But regarding user interfaces, multiple selections in <select> menus
are generally awkward, inferior to sets of checkboxes. At least you
should specify a SIZE parameter value that equals the number of options.

Mark Parnell

Can anyone help med with some code that can separate these options for
further work?

Trivial in most programming languages - what is your preferred flavour?