MANIFEST?

Andrew Neiderer

I am doing some java programming but have much to learn :-(
I hope my question is understandable and I give enough information.

I am trying to become familiar with the SAI (scene access interface) of X3D
using the defined Java language bindings.
When I try to execute an example

C:\>java -classpath .;xj3d-sai_2.0.0.jar FieldAccessDemo

I get

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xj3d/sai/
BrowserConfig
at org.xj3d.ui.awt.browser.ogl.X3DOGLBrowserFactoryImpl.createComponent
X3DOGLBrowserFactoryImpl.java:197)
at org.web3d.x3d.sai.BrowserFactory.createX3DComponent(BrowserFactory.j
va:252)
at FieldAccessDemo.<init>(FieldAccessDemo.java:40)
at FieldAccessDemo.main(FieldAccessDemo.java:81)

xj3d-sai_2.0.0.jar is 1 of about 48 jars in a directory. So I probably need
to include some more jars.

I have been told that I only need of the existing jars: called xj3d-all_2.0.0.jar,
which will pull in all the jars needed. I did a jar tvf on this file and it contains
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

So i tried

C:\>java -classpath .;xj3d-all_2.0.0.jar FieldAccessDemo

but I still get the errors.

If I am doing what he suggested incorrectly please let me know and what
I should be doing.

I hope I have given enough information (or some might say too much :)

Thank you.

- Andrew M. Neiderer

BTW this is being done on a Windows machine using jdk1.6.0