Master Page. Why does this happens?

shapper

Hello,

I created a Master Page in ASP.NET 3.5 and VS 2008.

Why is a ContentPlaceHolder inserted on the document head?

<head runat="server">
<title></title>
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server"></
asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>

Can't I access the head by doing in the pages that use the master
pages something like:

Page.Header ...

What am I am missing here?

I think in ASP.NET 2.0 this was not inserted.

I am trying to create a Master Page and Nested Master Pages.

Thanks,

Miguel

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The idea of adding head content tags came from Expression (or rather from
the Expression and VS team, first introduced in Expression).

The idea here is you can, using tags alone, add header content, like style
sheet links, javascript links, etc.

How useful is it? I am inclined to delete them in most instances. :)