Memory Leak only when compiled in Release mode.

Guest

We have an webservice application that has a memory leak when the application
is compiled release mode. However, when the application is compiled in debug
mode it does not exhibit a memory leak.

We are running .net 1.1 compiled with VS 2003.

The application does reference an unmanaged dll that provides security
functionality. This dll is instantiated once and referenced on every web
service call.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Bruce Barker

if the unmanged dll is com based, you probably are not calling
Marshal.ReleaseComObject(), but counting on the GC to call it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)