memory leak only when compiled in release mode

BruceDM

We have an webservice application that has a memory leak when the application
is compiled release mode. However, when the application is compiled in debug
mode it does not exhibit a memory leak.

We are running .net 1.1 compiled with VS 2003.

The application does reference an unmanaged dll that provides security
functionality. This dll is instantiated once and referenced on every web
service call.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

BruceDM said:
We have an webservice application that has a memory leak when the
application is compiled release mode. However, when the application
is compiled in debug mode it does not exhibit a memory leak.

We are running .net 1.1 compiled with VS 2003.

The application does reference an unmanaged dll that provides security
functionality. This dll is instantiated once and referenced on every
web service call.
I've never seen anything like this.
While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.